I saw Dr Stafford yesterday for my 36 week visit. Gained 1 pound putting me at a 16.5 pound weight gain. My blood pressure was also up. They took it quite a few times throughout the visit and it didnt come down...so they hooked Ryan up to a non stress test, drew blood for a pregnancy induced hypertension panel, and started me on a 24hr urine test. fun times. and on top of all that- I am on bedrest until little Ryan is here. Im kinda freaking out because there is still so much to do, yet not so much at all... Pregnancy Induced Hypertension is usually characterized by high bps, water retension (edema), protein in the urine, seeing spots, blurred vision, and/or epigastric pain. I have had no symptoms except increased bps. My blood work came back normal.
She did check me and I am 2cm and 60% effaced... yay! She also said she would not let me get to 40 weeks- and prolly not 39 weeks. and that she really wanted to get at least another week in to 37 weeks or hopefully 38 weeks. I would prefer that since he is a "wimpy white boy" and they mature the slowest.
uh! I had to start my maternity leave early! I was planning on having 16 weeks with sweet Ryan when he got here. Now- hopefully- I will have him around 38 weeks so that I will still have 14 weeks with him! I think that is what I am most freaked out about!

No comments:
Post a Comment