Wednesday, June 10, 2009

22 weeks

I went for my 22 week appointment yesterday with Dr Stafford. I have my diabetes test next visit in July. Everything was great, I gained 1 pound putting me at a 7 pound weight gain so far. But look at my belly! I am going to get HUGE! He is already sticking out so much to still be this early... I feel him all the time bouncing on my bladder and kicking up a storm. He gets the hiccups at least twice a day. crazy nameless boy. Im still loving the name Ryan Michael.
We are also registered at babies r us and target now. fun times.

I had lunch today with my friend Kim. We went to middle school, high school, were in the band together, went to UTK together, were in girl scouts together forever, and not mention that I practically spent every summer at her house when we were growing up. She is moving to Texas this weekend into an incredible house with her fiance!

We also found out last week that our neighbors are having a boy, too! Congrats guys!






Fetal development in pregnancy week 22:fetus in fifth month The grow must go on! No wonder you’re getting so big, you’re now housing a wonder-baby who weighs nearly a pound and measures nearly a foot in length. Their perfect little pancreas is now further developed and they’ve also started producing their own hormones! Your baby's future in the circus as a world-famous tight-rope-walker is secure: their inner ear is now developed to the point that they have their own sense of balance. Lucky for your little explorer, balance also promotes physical dexterity, which has them actively feeling out their surroundings where skin, body parts, and the resident umbilical cord are the big sensory experiences. Your foot-long baby, is looking a bit like an oversized raisin right now as more and more wrinkles are showing up each week. Not to worry, all that excessive wrinkling is just their skin’s way of planning ahead for the time when they’ll start piling on that irresistible baby chub.

2 comments:

  1. You look great Jennifer! And I cannot believe you have only gained 7 pounds! I'm 31 weeks today and I believe I'm at a total weight gain of about 26 pounds!!!! I think I gained about 32 w/ Noah...so it looks like I'll be just about the same w/ Keely too. You have a precious baby bump though....so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! You definately look pregnant. I still do not- you would still just think I'm fat. I'm excited your neighbor will have a little boy for nameless to play with. Don't worry- our baby is nameless too. Looks like Crissy's baby is measuring big and they think she is 22 weeks- so right there with you.

    ReplyDelete